EXPLANATION OF CUT ON FIRST PAGE
1. Abraham sitting upon Pharaoh’s throne,
by the politeness of the king; with a crown
upon his head, representing the priesthood;
as emblematical of the grand presidency in
heaven; with the scepter of justice, and judg ment in his hand.
2. King Pharaoh; whose name is given in
the characters above his head.
3. Signifies Abraham, in Egypt; referring to
Abraham, as given in the 9th No. of the Times
4. Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt; as writ ten above the hand.
5. Shulem; one of the kings principle wait ers; as represented by the characters above his hand.
6. Olimlah; a slave belonging to the prince.
Abraham is reasoning upon the principles
of astronomy, in the kings Court. [p. 784]