20 Apr. 1800–23 Feb. 1881. Justice of the peace, lumber merchant. Born in Cannonsville (later in Tompkins), Delaware Co., New York. Son of Martin Lane and Sarah Craig. Moved to Harmony (later in Oakland), Susquehanna Co., Pennsylvania, by 1823. Appointed justice of the peace, 1825, in Harmony. Owner of sawmill and gristmill, 1825–1841, in Harmony. Operated storehouse in partnership with Nathan S. Williams, 1830–1831, in Harmony. Married Jane Stevenson, ca. 1842. Moved to Wilmington, New Castle Co., Delaware, by 1843. Continued as lumber merchant in Wilmington; retired by 1870. Director of Mechanics’ Bank, 1859, and National Bank of Wilmington & Brandywine, 1866. Died in Wilmington.