Kirtland Mills (post office), Kirtland Township, Ohio 

 

Summary

Located in Newel K. Whitney store in northwest Kirtland on northeast corner of Chardon and Chillicothe roads.1 Whitney appointed postmaster, 29 Dec. 1826.2 JS and others listed “Kirtland Mills, Geauga County, Ohio” as return address for letters mailed, 1833–1837.3 For brief period, area of town known as Kirtland flats was called Kirtland Mills due to gristmill, sawmill, and carding mill in area.4