Orange Township, Ohio 

 

Summary

Located about five miles south of Kirtland Township.1 Area settled, 1815.2 Organized 1820.3 Population in 1830 about 300.4 Population in 1838 about 800.5 Sixty-five Latter-day Saints lived in township, by Nov. 1830.6 Joseph and Julia Murdock, twins adopted by JS and wife Emma, born in township, 30 Apr. 1831.7 JS presided over general conference of church held in township, 25–26 Oct. 1831.8