La Harpe, Illinois 

 

Summary

Located about twenty-five miles east of Nauvoo.1 Settled 1830.2 Originally called Franklin.3 Developed, platted, and renamed La Harpe, by 1836.4 Immigration and missionary work led to creation of branch of LDS church in area, 17 Apr. 1841.5 Mormon population by 1845 about 250.6 JS rode from Nauvoo to La Harpe with wife Emma, 6 July 1842.7