31273

Letter from A. Miles, 21 March 1837

.
Hormes Curtiz Esqr.
Columbus

Franklin Co. seat. State capital. Incorporated as borough, 1816. Incorporated as city, Feb. 1834. Population in 1820 about 1,400; in 1830 about 2,400; in 1840 about 6,000; and in 1850 about 18,000.

More Info
Ohio
PreviousNext
A. Miles, letter, Brunswick, OH, to JS, Kirtland

Located ten miles south of Lake Erie. Settled by 1811. Organized by 1818. Population in 1830 about 55 Latter-day Saints and 1,000 others; in 1838 about 2,000 Saints and 1,200 others; in 1839 about 100 Saints and 1,500 others. Mormon missionaries visited township...

More Info
, OH, 21 Mar. 1837; handwriting probably that of A. Miles; manuscript and printed form; three pages; JS Collection, CHL. Includes endorsement.

Facts