Chagrin Township, Ohio 



Located in northeastern Ohio.1 Bordered on north by Lake Erie.2 French fur trading post established, 1750.3 Area settled, 1797.4 Organized 1815.5 Originally called Charlton, by 1750; name changed to Chagrin, by 1815.6 Population in 1826 about 733.7 Chagrin village became home of Willoughby Medical College, 1834, after which both village and township were renamed Willoughby.8 See also “Willoughby.”