Chester Township, Ohio 

 

Summary

Surveyed 1796 and 1801.1 Area settled, 1801–1802.2 Initially called Wooster.3 Name changed to Chester and officially incorporated as township, 1816.4 Population in 1830 about 550.5 Population in 1840 about 960.6 JS purchased land for store in Chester, 1836–1837.7 Kirtland Camp of over 500 Saints traveled from Kirtland, Ohio, to Chester en route to join JS and Saints in northern Missouri, 6 July 1838.8

Facts

Links