John Johnson inn, Kirtland Township, Ohio 

 

Summary

Two-story building built by Peter French, 1827.1 First brick building in Kirtland.2 Common room had capacity for fifty people.3 Purchased by LDS church, 1833.4 John Johnson Sr. was granted license to keep tavern or inn there, 5 Apr. 1834.5 Also served as office for church and first printing establishment in Kirtland.6 Egyptian mummies and papyri displayed at inn.7 See also “Printing office, Kirtland.”

Links